This is last part of my RAC lab series. I will show you step by step how to create simple container database.
RAC lab Part 1 – Installing the Ubuntu 16.04 desktop
RAC lab Part 2 – Virtualbox installation and configuration
RAC lab Part 3 – VMs configuration
RAC lab Part 4 – Installing the Openfiler software
RAC lab Part 5 – Installing OEL 7.x on VM
RAC lab Part 6 – OEL 7.x configuration for Oracle 12c GI & RAC DB installation
RAC lab Part 7 – Openfilers configuration and cloning
RAC lab Part 8 – OEL 7.x prepare storage
RAC lab Part 9 – Clone first RAC node as 2nd node and prepare config.
RAC lab Part 10 – Installing Grid Infrastructure
RAC lab Part 11 – Installing Database Software
RAC lab Part 12 – Creating a Container Database
Oracle 12c documentation
Database Administrator’s Guide – Creating and Configuring an Oracle Database
Create simple CDB
- Run DBCA tool
[oracle@oel7rac1n1 database]$ /u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/bin/dbca
- Choose “create database”
- Advanced mode to tweak settings
- Custom database – we want dbca to generate db from scratch.
- Set CDB name and choose to create PDB1 as single tenant
- Select to run the db on all cluster nodes
- Enable cluster verification utility to run from time to time
- Set passwords for administrative users
- Configure storage for database
- Ingore FRA warning, but first set recovery size to 3000, it should be enough for tests.
- We can’t disable any options so proceed
- Disable Database Vault and Label security
- Set memory for SGA and PGA (remember we don’t use AMM)
- Set number of processes and block size
- Set charset and national charset for your new DB.
- Dedicated server mode
- Create database
- Check warnings, if not applicable ignore them
- Summary screen
- Creation process progress
- Database successfully created.
About the author
An Oracle technology geek and crazy long distance runner, DBA24 Owner
Senior Oracle DBA / Consultant / [OCP10g, OCP12c, OCE RAC 10g] / [experience: 9y+]
Currently working for Bluegarden (Oslo Norway) by Miratech Group
Past: Mastercard / Trevica by Britenet, Citi International PLC, PZU